Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mountain Biking Playlist

One of my favorite hobbies is mountain biking. Luckily, mountain biking happens to be a great workout. My 2010 New Year's resolution was to start having fun while exercising so on a whim I picked mountain biking. It seemed like a great activity that DH and I could do together. We love spending time outdoors exploring the hill country parks and we already own a tandem kayak. Mountain biking is perfect for us, especially since we can match the intensity of our ride to our fitness level.

During the week DH and I ride the easy neighborhood trails that range from two to five miles. On the weekends we pack up the bikes and head out to the hill country to hit the seven to fifteen mile intermediate level trails. My little iPod nano is my savior on those longer treks. I've been tweaking my playlist for about a year. It's hip-hop heavy. Eventually I'd like to be able to push through 25 mile rides so I'm constantly on the look out for new songs.

Here's what I have so far:

Flashing Lights - Kanye West
Bright Lights Bigger City - Cee Lo Green
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z
Jimmy - MIA
Fuck You - Cee Lo Green
Jump On Stage - Girl Talk
Boyz - MIA
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Change Clothes - Jay-Z
Paper Planes - MIA
Kick, Push - Lupe Fiasco
Blazing Arrow - Blackalicious
Come Around - MIA & Timbaland
This Is the Remix - Girl Talk
Swan Lake - Blackalicious
Sound the Alarm - Thievery Corporation
Holy Moly - Talib Kweli
Astronomy - Black Star
I Want You - Common
Definition - Black Star
In the Mood - Talib Kweli & Kanye West
The 6th Sense - Common & Bilal
Thieves in the Night - Black Star
Hot Things - Talib Kweli & Will.i.am
The People - Common
Soon the New Day - Talib Kweli
Drivin' Me Wild - Common
Everything Man - Talib Kweli
Rising Down - The Roots, Mos Def & Styles P
Language Symbolique - Thievery Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment